Home > KAROLINE LEAVITT
74 views 3 min 0 Comment

Alaska Abruptly Moves More Than 3,000 Voters to Inactive Status, Asks Them to Verify Citizenship Status Ahead of August Primary

adrianoreid@hotmail.com - July 24, 2026


Alaska has sent 3,048 letters to voters asking them to verify their citizenship status ahead of the August 18 primaries.

The more than 3,000 voters who received the letters were moved to inactive status. They will be able vote with provisional ballots if they do not respond to the letter before the primary election.

ABC News reported:

The state has sent more than 3,000 letters to Alaska voters asking them to verify their citizenship ahead of the Aug. 18 primary, a number a top state elections official said is unusually high.

The letters have raised concerns among some state lawmakers, including one who said some constituents who received them are U.S. citizens.

Alaska Division of Elections Director Carol Beecher told state lawmakers during a hearing this week that it appears “a lot of old data was picked up somehow” when the division conducted voter roll maintenance that compares its list with information held by the Division of Motor Vehicles. The process usually yields about 200 names for further review, she said.

Beecher estimated during Wednesday’s hearing that the number of letters sent was around 3,500, but a Division of Elections spokesperson, Steve Kirch, on Thursday said the total was 3,048.

Alaska’s decision to move more than 3,000 voters to inactive status comes after New Jersey Governor Mikie Sherrill

New Jersey officials previously acknowledged that a massive failure in the state’s Motor Vehicle Commission system resulted in roughly 6,600 people who identified themselves as noncitizens being placed on voter rolls between June 2023 and June 2024.

Democrat Governor Mikie Sherrill initially blamed a “serious software error” and pointed the finger at IDEMIA, the contractor responsible for transmitting voter-registration information from the Motor Vehicle Commission.

However, as The Gateway Pundit previously reported, IDEMIA fired back and said New Jersey’s own Division of Elections was ultimately responsible for reviewing the applications and determining voter eligibility.

“Information submitted by IDEMIA must still be validated and adjudicated by the Division of Elections,” the company said.

The Department of Justice is currently investigating New Jersey for adding non-citizens to its voter rolls.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt blasted Sherrill over the scandal, saying the governor’s sudden admission was “not a coincidence” and warning that the actual number of noncitizens on the voter rolls may be substantially higher.

Ad block users: Some site features may not work correctly while an ad blocker is enabled, because they break scripts and content this website depends on. If you can’t see comments below, for example, please disable your ad blocker.



Source link

Post Views: 80

PREVIOUS

UNHINGED: Far-Left Democrat Mikie Sherrill Smears Trump as Worse Than Vladimir Putin After State Registered 6,600 Noncitizens to Vote and Hundreds Cast Ballots

NEXT

Trump to Attend White House Correspondents’ Dinner After April Assassination Attempt
Related Post
April 1, 2026
Trump set to “provide an update on Iran” Wednesday
April 20, 2025
Startling moment Trump abruptly ends news conference and Karoline Leavitt yells ‘press out!’ after ‘medical emergency’
December 3, 2025
RNC Youth Advisory Council Co-Chair CJ Pearson critiques the media after a New York Times reporter was scolded by White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt for a story claiming Donald Trump’s energy levels were low. – Facebook
June 2, 2026
Oz Says 35 Percent of Obamacare Enrollments ‘May Not Be Legit’
Comments are closed.
John Michael Chambers

DISCLAIMER

The material contained on this website represents the opinion, analysis and/or commentary of JMC, John Michael Chambers and its aggregated content and resources, and is intended to provide the viewer with general information only and nothing should be considered as providing medical, financial, or other advice. JMC, John Michael Chambers strives to deliver wartime updates and opinion commentary that empowers and informs viewers. JMC, John Michael Chambers is dedicated to the rule of law and upholding the U.S. Constitution and does not endorse violence or discrimination in any form. This is NOT an official government or military website. This is not a news network.

© 2026 John Michael Chambers All rights reserved.