Home > PRESIDENT TRUMP
25 views 4 min 0 Comment

President Trump ORDERS Secretary Hegseth to SLASH “Costly” Joint Military Operations with South Korea — Cites His “Very Good Friendship” with Kim Jong Un After Seoul REFUSES to Help America

adrianoreid@hotmail.com - August 16, 2026


President Trump, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, and Secretary of War Pete Hegseth announcing the capture of Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro. Photo courtesy of the U.S. Department of War.
President Donald Trump dropped a foreign-policy bombshell Sunday, ordering Secretary Pete Hegseth to substantially reduce the massive joint military exercises set to begin with South Korea on Monday.
In a blistering Truth Social post, Trump said the long-planned drills are too expensive for American taxpayers and send an unnecessarily hostile signal to North Korea, a country he said has remained “unthreatening and respectful” during his presidency.
Trump also pointed directly to his personal diplomacy with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, invoking their “very good relationship” as a reason to pull back the exercises.
And why should we keep footing the bill for these countries when they won’t even lift a finger to help us?

President Trump revealed the SHOCKING truth that South Korea flat-out declined his request to assist the United States in the denuclearization of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Trump exposed the hypocrisy, noting he recently asked the South Korean President to join us against Iran, and their response was, “No thanks!”.
Trump wrote on X:
Based on my very good relationship with Kim Jong Un, of North Korea, I am not happy with the fact that the United States has, long ago, agreed to participate in Joint Military Exercises with South Korea.

These exercises are not only costly, with much of these costs paid for by the United States of America (as usual!), but send a signal that is totally inappropriate and hostile, to a Country that, as long as Donald J. Trump has been President, has been unthreatening and respectful.
Therefore, and based on the fact that it is too late to cancel, I have instructed Secretary of War, Pete Hegseth, to substantially reduce the Joint Military Exercises! While somewhat unrelated (?), I recently asked the President of South Korea if they would like to join us in the Denuclearization of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and they said, “No thanks!”

The annual Ulchi Freedom Shield drills are scheduled for August 17 through August 27.
The previously announced exercise was expected to involve roughly 18,000 South Korean troops and combine live, virtual, field and command-post training designed to prepare the allies for rapidly evolving threats. U.S. and South Korean officials have described the drills as defensive.
The timing makes the order especially explosive. North Korea denounced the planned drills just days ago and threatened to strengthen its nuclear deterrent. Pyongyang also launched two ballistic missiles from the Wonsan area in the span of less than a week, according to South Korean military officials.

Ad block users: Some site features may not work correctly while an ad blocker is enabled, because they break scripts and content this website depends on. If you can’t see comments below, for example, please disable your ad blocker.



Source link

Post Views: 31

PREVIOUS

Green Energy PAC Targets Ralph Norman in South Carolina Senate Runoff

NEXT

Fog Of War: A World Searching For An Exit
Related Post
April 6, 2026
Report: Lutnick to Appear Before Oversight About Epstein Ties
April 18, 2025
Van Hollen on Abrego Garcia meeting: ‘Nobody drank any margaritas’
January 19, 2026
Russia Says Putin Has Been Invited to Join Trump’s Gaza Committee
June 29, 2026
‘Problematic But Not Critical’: Putin Concedes Fuel Shortages After Ukraine Strikes, Plays It Cool
Comments are closed.
John Michael Chambers

DISCLAIMER

The material contained on this website represents the opinion, analysis and/or commentary of JMC, John Michael Chambers and its aggregated content and resources, and is intended to provide the viewer with general information only and nothing should be considered as providing medical, financial, or other advice. JMC, John Michael Chambers strives to deliver wartime updates and opinion commentary that empowers and informs viewers. JMC, John Michael Chambers is dedicated to the rule of law and upholding the U.S. Constitution and does not endorse violence or discrimination in any form. This is NOT an official government or military website. This is not a news network.

© 2026 John Michael Chambers All rights reserved.