Home > ELON MUSK
7 views 5 min 0 Comment

Trump Says Karoline Leavitt ‘Irreplaceable’ In Touching Interview

Tevin McLeod - August 18, 2026


It’s clear that President Donald Trump has an affinity for his outgoing White House press secretary, Karoline Leavitt.

The 28-year-old superstar announced last week that she would be stepping down from her position at the end of this month to spend more time with her young family, a decision that stunned many in D.C. – including, no doubt, the president.

Advertisement

In an interview on Monday with Fox News correspondent Alexis McAdams, Trump joked about Leavitt’s departure while calling her irreplaceable.

“Is Karoline Leavitt replaceable?” McAdams asked.

“No, she’s not. She really isn’t. She’s standing right over there and she’s done a great job,” Trump said.


Advertisement

Then the president added in jest: “She actually likes her children more than she likes Trump. I’m very concerned about that.”

“It’s a lot to juggle, right? You said you support that. Going back, is there somebody you have in mind that you’D like to see up at the podium to take over?” McAdams pressed.

Advertisement

“You. How about you? She could do the job. I think so,” Trump joked.

“What do you think, Karoline. I like it. I’ve always liked you. That’s why I’m doing this. I don’t do this that often. I get off, I make a speech, here I come, often we see Alexis. You have done a great job,” Trump continued.

WATCH:

President Trump:

I found out Karoline Leavitt likes her children more than she likes Trump, I’m very concerned about that. pic.twitter.com/VDJWjHKsZT

— Open Source Intel (@Osint613) August 16, 2026

Trump may have inadvertently revealed who he is leaning toward as Leavitt’s successor.

Trump spent last weekend at his Bedminster, New Jersey, estate, where he was joined by several members of his inner circle, including a figure whose name has recently surfaced in speculation surrounding the future of the White House press secretary position.

A video posted on social media showed the president attending a gathering with dozens of guests, including former U.S. Attorney for New Jersey and personal lawyer Alina Habba.

She has emerged as one of several names mentioned as a possible successor to White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt, who announced this week that she was stepping down from the role.

Advertisement

Leavitt, 28, said balancing the demands of the job with raising two young children had become increasingly difficult after she returned to work following the birth of her second child, Viviana, on May 1.

Efforts to identify a replacement for Leavitt are expected to intensify as Republicans prepare for November’s midterm elections, which will determine control of both chambers of Congress.

Habba, 42, served as a member of Trump’s legal team during his New York civil fraud case brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

The lawsuit accused Trump and his company of misrepresenting the value of financial assets.

Advertisement

In 2024, Judge Arthur Engoron ruled against Trump and ordered him to pay a judgment of more than $460 million.

In August 2025, a New York appellate court later overturned the ruling, marking a significant legal victory for Trump.

Habba, a New Jersey native, launched her law firm, Habba, Madaio and Associates LLP, in 2020, establishing offices in both Bedminster, New Jersey, and New York.

President Trump had a pretty chill weekend at his Bedminster, NJ club, dancing to the YMCA with Ivanka last night

Alina Habba was seated right behind him, amid rumors Habba could be tapped as the new press secretary 👀 pic.twitter.com/OopLbCVGnO

— Nick Sortor (@nicksortor) August 16, 2026

Advertisement

In March 2025, she was appointed acting U.S. attorney for New Jersey, placing her in charge of overseeing federal criminal and civil prosecutions in the state.

Her tenure in the position ended in December 2025 after an appeals court determined that her appointment did not comply with federal requirements, forcing her to step down from the role.

“But do not mistake compliance for surrender,” she wrote in a statement shared on X. “This decision will not weaken the Justice Department, and it will not weaken me.”

This article may contain commentary which reflects the author’s opinion.





Source link

Post Views: 11

PREVIOUS

DOJ Won’t Appeal Ruling Against NFA, Handing Gun Owners Historic Win

NEXT

Omar’s GOP Challenger Vows To Clean Up Her ‘Fraud Mess’
Related Post
July 17, 2026
GOP Uniting Around SAVE Act After Trump’s Election Interference Speech
June 14, 2026
VP Vance Gets Update On Support For 2028 Presidential Bid
July 16, 2026
Vance, Johnson Meet To Push SAVE Act Through Senate
July 18, 2026
Chuck Grassley Alleges Jack Smith Lied to Congress
Leave a Reply

Click here to cancel reply.

John Michael Chambers

DISCLAIMER

The material contained on this website represents the opinion, analysis and/or commentary of JMC, John Michael Chambers and its aggregated content and resources, and is intended to provide the viewer with general information only and nothing should be considered as providing medical, financial, or other advice. JMC, John Michael Chambers strives to deliver wartime updates and opinion commentary that empowers and informs viewers. JMC, John Michael Chambers is dedicated to the rule of law and upholding the U.S. Constitution and does not endorse violence or discrimination in any form. This is NOT an official government or military website. This is not a news network.

© 2026 John Michael Chambers All rights reserved.