Home > PRESIDENT TRUMP
13 views 4 min 0 Comment

Trump instructs Pentagon to reduce military exercises with South Korea

adrianoreid@hotmail.com - August 16, 2026


President Donald Trump said on Sunday he had instructed the Pentagon to substantially reduce joint military exercises with South Korea in a social media post that also mentions Seoul’s refusal to take part in actions against Iran.

Trump said in a post on his Truth Social site that, although it was too late to cancel the exercises entirely, he was “not happy” that the United States had previously agreed to participate.

The president also cited his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

U.S. President Donald Trump walks over to Air Force One after landing in Marine One at Morristown Municipal Airport. Getty Images

“These exercises are not only costly… but send a signal that is totally inappropriate and hostile, to a Country that, as long as Donald J. Trump has been President, has been unthreatening and respectful,” he wrote.

Trump also pointed to South Korea’s stance on the US-Israeli conflict with Iran.

US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth looks on before President Donald Trump signs an executive order in the Oval Office. AFP via Getty Images

U.S. President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to substantially reduce joint military exercises with South Korea, he said on Sunday in a social media post that also mentioned Seoul’s refusal to take part in actions against Iran.Hours before exercises were scheduled to begin, Trump said in a post on his Truth Social site that although it was too late to cancel the exercises entirely, he was “not happy” that the United States had previously agreed to participate.The annual Ulchi Freedom Shield joint military exercises are scheduled to run from August 17 to 27, with about 18,000 South Korean military personnel participating. The drills are expected to include operations to counter drones, disrupt GPS signals and cyberattacks to adapt to North Korea’s evolving capabilities, officials said last week.In his social media post, the U.S. president also cited his “very good relationship” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

An aerial view of the Pentagon. Artem Onoprienko – stock.adobe.com

“These exercises are not only costly… but send a signal that is totally inappropriate and hostile, to a Country that, as long as Donald J. Trump has been President, has been unthreatening and respectful,” Trump wrote.He also pointed to South Korea’s stance on the U.S.-Israeli conflict with Iran.“While somewhat unrelated (?), I recently asked the President of South Korea if they would like to join us in the Denuclearization of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and they said, ‘No thanks!’” Trump wrote.The White House did not immediately respond to a request for more information on Trump’s request to reduce the military drills. The Pentagon also did not immediately respond.Pyongyang routinely denounces the U.S.-South Korean exercises as preparations for an invasion. North Korea last Wednesday fired a ballistic missile from its eastern coast towards the Sea of Japan, the South Korean and Japanese militaries said, six days after a similar North Korean short-range ballistic missile launch on August 6.

U.S. military officials have said that North Korean troops, who have fought alongside Russia in its invasion of Ukraine, have gained experience from the conflict, including the growing use of unmanned systems, electronic warfare and cyber operations.Ukraine said last week that North Korean-made missiles were used in a Russian ballistic missile attack on a steel plant in Zaporizhzhia that killed seven workers and forced a production halt, with Russia’s Zircon hypersonic missiles also used in the attack.



Source link

Post Views: 17

PREVIOUS

Blanche refuses to pledge DOJ will always act independently of White House

NEXT

President Trump Rips Fox News Host Shannon Bream, Compares Her Show to the “Worst of Fake News CNN” * The Gateway Pundit * by Cristina Laila
Related Post
December 15, 2025
President Trump Participates in Border Defense Medal Presentation – 3:00pm ET Livestream
December 6, 2025
San Diego Weighs $30M Settlement in Police Shooting of Black Teen
February 7, 2026
US President Donald Trump shared a video on his Truth Social platform that contained racist depictions of former President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle. While the White House initially defended the video, it was deleted about 12 hours later amid a se – Facebook
March 3, 2025
Trump teases big speech coming for Tuesday
Comments are closed.
John Michael Chambers

DISCLAIMER

The material contained on this website represents the opinion, analysis and/or commentary of JMC, John Michael Chambers and its aggregated content and resources, and is intended to provide the viewer with general information only and nothing should be considered as providing medical, financial, or other advice. JMC, John Michael Chambers strives to deliver wartime updates and opinion commentary that empowers and informs viewers. JMC, John Michael Chambers is dedicated to the rule of law and upholding the U.S. Constitution and does not endorse violence or discrimination in any form. This is NOT an official government or military website. This is not a news network.

© 2026 John Michael Chambers All rights reserved.