For some insane reason only they can explain, Democrats and their allies in the left-wing lawfare industry have been doing all they can to stop President Trump from building a much-needed addition to the White House – a ballroom.
For decades, black-tie affairs and other formal events have largely been held outdoors on the White House grounds, under tents and using porta-potties, often in incliment weather.
Advertisement
Trump, who isn’t going to be in the White House forever, got started early on building a new ballroom that presidents for years to come will no doubt use and enjoy.
But because Democrats are inflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome and are unable to do anything but oppose Trump no matter what he does, they’ve used the ballroom as a sort of litmus test to ‘stop him anyway they can’ this term.
Advertisement
By any measure, they’ve not succeeded. The ballroom is now about 60 percent complete, and after convincing Democrat-appointed judges to throw up one roadblock after another, the president on Saturday announced he’d found a way around all the Democrats, lefty lawfare types, and activist judges in his way.
Advertisement
In a Truth Social post, Trump included a statement about the ballroom from the country’s top military commander, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Air Force Gen. Dan Caine.
“I declare there is a valid military requirement for a secure, state-of-the-art facility that provides for the physical protection of the President and the command, control, and communication capabilities necessary for the President to carry out his Commander-in-Chief responsibilities over the United States Armed Forces anywhere across the globe at any time,” Cain said, per Trump’s post.
Some legal experts argued the new designation from Caine puts the structure out of the reach and jurisdiction of any federal court.
On Friday, Trump called opponents to the ballroom “TREASONISTS” and argued, again, that it was, in addition to an entertainment venue, a national security imperative.
In a post on Truth Social, Trump alleged that the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the organization that filed the lawsuit, had been provided with detailed plans and specifications for the project that disclosed what he described as “top secret military features.”
Trump argued that the litigation had exposed sensitive aspects of the proposed building’s design.
Advertisement
The comments came shortly after the administration asked the Supreme Court to block a lower court ruling and allow construction of the ballroom to move forward without congressional approval.
White House officials and Justice Department attorneys have defended the $400 million East Wing ballroom project, describing it as a critical component of a broader security complex intended to protect the president, White House staff and visiting foreign leaders from threats that could include drones, ballistic missiles and biological hazards.
Trump said the NTHP Preservation is “trying to stop [something] that is vital to our National Security, and the Safety of all Presidents of the United States, both current and future, their families, staff, and Cabinet members.”
Advertisement
He added, “They were asked by the United States Military not to bring this suit because of the Top Secret nature of the important facility being built.
“They were shown detailed plans and specifications of this knitted, unified, and cohesive structure by Top Officers and Leaders in both the Military and Secret Service,” he wrote.
Advertisement
In its filing Friday, the Trump administration said the alleged “threat of a missile attack against Air Force One on July 8” supports its security argument.
That was in reference to a reported Iranian missile threat to Air Force One that prompted the president to take the Secret Service’s recommendation and secretly switch planes while leaving Turkey.
This article may contain commentary which reflects the author’s opinion.
