Home > ELON MUSK
50 views 4 min 0 Comment

Justice Dept. Probe Into Newsoms Continues Amid Tax Return Questions

Tevin McLeod - July 26, 2026


Nearly a month after an announcement that reverberated through California politics, many of the key questions surrounding Gov. Gavin Newsom remain unresolved.

Rather than providing clarity, the weeks since have raised additional questions about legal representation, financial disclosures, and the scope of a federal investigation that Newsom says involves people close to him.

Advertisement

Newsom has said that both he and “First Partner” Jennifer Siebel Newsom remain under investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice, while critics continue seeking more information about the inquiry and the governor’s unreleased financial disclosures.

The governor first disclosed the investigation in June, alleging that federal agents had contacted family members, friends, and former employees in what he described as a politically motivated effort.


Advertisement

“Federal agents have knocked on the doors of family, friends, and former employees, not because they found a crime, but because they’re simply trying to find one,” Newsom said at the time.

He also claimed investigators were seeking records and misusing the grand jury process but did not identify the individuals who had been contacted or specify the records being requested.

Advertisement

According to Townhall Media, sources familiar with the matter have alleged that multiple federal investigations began during the Biden administration, including at least one reportedly involving Jennifer Siebel Newsom’s taxes and nonprofit organizations.

Those claims have not been independently confirmed, and the Department of Justice has not commented, consistent with its policy of not discussing ongoing investigations.

Since announcing the probe, Newsom has confirmed that he and his wife retained private legal counsel but has declined to identify their attorney.

At a recent press conference, Newsom was asked about his tax returns for 2021 through 2025 after his office had previously indicated they would be released publicly.

“I already have. I’ve given 20 years of my taxes,” Newsom responded before comparing his record to President Donald Trump’s.

When pressed on why the more recent returns had not yet been released, Newsom said reporters would receive them and insisted he had “no problem” making them public. Critics, however, note that those returns have yet to be released.

Newsom previously disclosed his complete tax returns from 2017 through 2020 during his 2022 reelection campaign, when California law required gubernatorial candidates to release their most recent tax filings.

Advertisement

The governor has also said that federal agents contacted several people close to him, prompting some to hire private attorneys.

“The abuse was overwhelming,” Newsom said.

“Poor and innocent people getting knocks on the door first thing in the morning, having to hire private attorneys,” he claimed.

Advertisement

“Lives and reputation at risk for no other reason than they want to take me out,” he said, which is absurdly false.

He has not publicly identified those individuals.

Separate reports have suggested that one federal investigation may be connected to a broader corruption and tax fraud case involving former California officials and political operatives. However, Newsom has not been charged with any crime.

Newsom’s office has also disputed reports linking former state official Alexis Podesta to the governor’s inner political circle, arguing that media accounts have overstated the relationship.

Advertisement

Although Newsom previously said he expected to receive subpoenas and that he “looked forward” to doing so, no subpoenas involving the governor have been publicly disclosed.

The Department of Justice has announced no charges against either Newsom or his wife, and the governor’s office continues to maintain that the investigation is politically motivated while declining to provide additional details about the federal inquiry.

This article may contain commentary which reflects the author’s opinion.



Source link

Post Views: 60

PREVIOUS

Iran Says U.S. Attacks Have Ceased, As Trump Confirms Pause

NEXT

Major Update On New Cyclospora Outbreak
Related Post
June 5, 2026
Jackson Authors Unanimous Supreme Court Ruling
June 26, 2026
SCOTUS Delivers Wins For Trump On Immigration, Guns, Federal Power
July 14, 2026
House Approves Measure To Crack Down on Wasteful Schemes
March 21, 2026
Musk Makes Offer To Pay TSA Agents Sidelined by Schumer Shutdown 2.0
Leave a Reply

Click here to cancel reply.

John Michael Chambers

DISCLAIMER

The material contained on this website represents the opinion, analysis and/or commentary of JMC, John Michael Chambers and its aggregated content and resources, and is intended to provide the viewer with general information only and nothing should be considered as providing medical, financial, or other advice. JMC, John Michael Chambers strives to deliver wartime updates and opinion commentary that empowers and informs viewers. JMC, John Michael Chambers is dedicated to the rule of law and upholding the U.S. Constitution and does not endorse violence or discrimination in any form. This is NOT an official government or military website. This is not a news network.

© 2026 John Michael Chambers All rights reserved.