Home > KAROLINE LEAVITT
44 views 3 min 0 Comment

Trump to Attend White House Correspondents’ Dinner After April Assassination Attempt

adrianoreid@hotmail.com - July 24, 2026


WASHINGTON—President Donald Trump is set to attend the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Friday night, months after the event was derailed by a would-be assassin in April.

White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said that Trump will deliver a “vicious” but “unifying” speech. The president noted in April that he was “all set to really rip it” in his speech before the dinner was cut short.

“The president’s speech will be a combination of unifying yet vicious, and serious yet hilarious, all at the same time, if you can imagine that,” Leavitt told NBC News. “One thing I can assure you, it will be entertaining.”

During the April dinner at the Washington Hilton, the gunman, whom authorities have identified as Cole Tomas Allen, 31, attempted to sprint past magnetometers reportedly carrying a shotgun, a handgun, and several knives in an alleged effort to reach the ballroom. The suspect was ultimately apprehended after an exchange of gunfire with the Secret Service, with one agent being struck in a bulletproof vest.

Allen allegedly wrote a manifesto in which he detailed an intention to target officials in the Trump administration. He also allegedly attended a No King’s protest, was a shooting range regular, and was part of a group called the Wide Awakes.

Friday’s affair is not being held at the Hilton, where the correspondents’ dinner has taken place for over 50 years. Instead, it will be at the Waldorf Astoria.

White House Correspondents’ Association President Weijia Jiang told C-SPAN the program is essentially the same as April, though the Waldorf is a smaller venue and there are “enhanced security measures.”

“Honestly, the program is very much the same as April. What will be different is the size. It’s a much more intimate gathering,” Jinag said. “The Washington Hilton is a massive ballroom that holds 3000 people. The Waldorf Astoria holds 700 people… so that is the first main difference people will see.”

“There are enhanced security measures. We have a private security firm that has worked closely with Secret Service. There are new measures that every single dinner guest has to take,” she said.

Jiang said that guests will have unique QR codes and photo ID to gain entry through ticketing.

“As you both know, you didn’t have to register to come to the dinner. You didn’t have to provide your name or anything,” she said of April’s event.

“And now every guest has to register, and they’ll get a unique QR code and have to present that with a government-issued photo ID just to get through the ticketing, and then they’ll have to go through layers of security to enter the ballroom,” she added.





Source link

Post Views: 52

PREVIOUS

Alaska Abruptly Moves More Than 3,000 Voters to Inactive Status, Asks Them to Verify Citizenship Status Ahead of August Primary

NEXT

Sen. Jim Banks Becomes THIRD Republican Senator to Demand Senate CANCEL August Recess Until SAVE America Act Passes
Related Post
February 11, 2026
Media Mute as Murder Drops Amid Trump’s Deportation Drive
February 22, 2026
Armed Man Killed at Mar-a-Lago Had Been Reported Missing by Family
March 6, 2026
WATCH: Leavitt clarifies what Trump’s demand for Iran’s ‘unconditional surrender’ means
April 1, 2025
Trump battled ‘evil forces’ on campaign trail’: Karoline Leavitt
Comments are closed.
John Michael Chambers

DISCLAIMER

The material contained on this website represents the opinion, analysis and/or commentary of JMC, John Michael Chambers and its aggregated content and resources, and is intended to provide the viewer with general information only and nothing should be considered as providing medical, financial, or other advice. JMC, John Michael Chambers strives to deliver wartime updates and opinion commentary that empowers and informs viewers. JMC, John Michael Chambers is dedicated to the rule of law and upholding the U.S. Constitution and does not endorse violence or discrimination in any form. This is NOT an official government or military website. This is not a news network.

© 2026 John Michael Chambers All rights reserved.